Sunday, May 8, 2011

Queries regarding GD and Interview for MFM

Here are some queries from the readers and my response :

I have just finished my graduation from D.U in psychology and am appearing for the interview with NIFT in M.F.M on the 19th of may. I am very confused as to how to really prepare for it. It would be really kind of you if you could give me some tips and tell me what kind of questions do they ask in the gd as well as the personal interview.

My Advise to you is since you are a student of psychology, you can contribute to the apparel companies in the understanding of buyer behavior, psychological pricing and understanding of brand values. So it would be worthwhile to read about “consumer behavior”, books of which are available. To prepare for the GD, just hit “Retail India” on Google and read out every thing that is discussed. Visit CP or nearby mall noting brands which are there and if you could identify brand personality in terms of its gender, conservative or not, pompous or elegant and so on… These will give you raw material to discuss in the interview. In the GD, try to initiate it by looking at the paradigms I have mentioned in this blog.

I have completed bsc in biology. and I have worked with a sportsclub as guest relation executive for 25 months. I got a call from nift for MFM. I wanted to ask what kind of questions they can ask me and how I should prepare for the interview.

I had a colleague in MFM who was from biology background and is working successfully in Landmark Dubai. Since you are working in sports club, visit some sports brands as Puma, Nike or Adidas, and find out the distinction among them. Hit the names of these brands on Google and read every thing about them. Find out about the owners of IPL and the money involved. And be prepared to face some questions about commonwealth.

I have cleared the NIFT MFM Exam, I really need to clear the group discussion and the interview , I have read your blog, so are these the type of questions which come? If yes/ can you suggest me where to prepare from ?  Because do not have a commerce background. So I want to know the correct answers for these?

Do not worry if you don’t have a commerce and textile background. Most of the students are out of these streams. Just apply some thought on how your experience and background can contribute the apparel industry. Interview is very cordial. GD is like any other GD in a management institute. The questions that are posted on the block are only indicative. There are no correct or wrong answers to these. What is required is they are answered with thoughts applied on them.

Best of Luck to All of you !!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

hello sir.
I HAVE DONE MY B.COM HONS IN 2009...
I WAS PREPARING FOR EXAM FOR THE PAST 2 YEARS and dont have the answer for 2 years gap.....
PLZZ TELL HOW TO PREPARE FOR GD/PI AS THEIR R LOTS OF APPAREL. RETAIL, FASHION INDUSTRY IN MARKET.... PLZZ TELL HOW CAN I CONTRIBUTE TOWARDS THESE SECTORS...

plzz tell what to focus and how to do best in gd/pi...

PLZZ HELP ME SIR MY EMAIL ID IS sumeet.kumar6475@gmail.com

shonchi said...

Sir please reply Iam from political science background..... What kind of questions can they ask me?? In mfm.

2208 said...

Hello sir, I am a Delhi University student and have just finished my graduation in Mass Media and Mass communication. I have my GD and PI for MFM on 18th May 2011, I am very apprehensive and nervous about the interview. I request you to please give me some basic tips and tell me how my course can benefit me in MFM. Also since I have a media related background what all points can I stress on.
Thank you so much for all your help through this blog.
Looking forwards for your reply.

Ankita
ankita2208@gmail.com

2208 said...

Hello sir,
I have just given final exams. I was pursuing my graduation in Bachelors of mass media and mass communication from Delhi University. I have Nift MFM GD and PI on the 18th of May 2011.
Sir, I am very nervous and apprehensive about the interview. Please guide me with some tips and how i can relate my field with this course. Also how can my Media Background help me through my GD and PI.

Thanks a lot for all your help through this Blog.
Looking forward for your reply.

Regards,
Ankita
ankita2208@gmail.com

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hi sir,
I am about to complete my BE in Textile technology and I have cleared the enterence exam for MFTECH. Please guide me for how shall I prepare for GD PI???
Thanks in advance